10.8.10

Animation in tune

8/10/2010 : Exhibit A - Musical Video Art Animation - by Michal Levy!

This genius has such a symbiotic understanding of design elements and music that she has flawlessly integrated the two into a couple of stellar animations that take musical synesthesia to a new level. Her brilliant use of color in Giant Steps (follow link for copyright issues) is actually relevant to the notes in John Coltrane's classic as indicated by the Pre-Production.

She couldn't stop with Giant Steps though, and in 2007 released a new music video


I'll let the work speak for itself, because it not only speaks, it sings, enjoy! Please visit her site too http://michalevy.com
--An addendum on finding this work, art in general, and the attics of our lives --

Discovering the many brilliant facets of human expression years after they've been created is a self-defining part of life. Being able to relate one's passion and knowledge to an audience the easiest way to be eternally relevant. Across language, across time, if your content is strong enough, it will surely shine.

Picasso - Three Musicians True permanence is only possible through science and art, when you've tested your idea past the radical point of exhaustion and everywhere in between, when you've dedicated yourself to the translation of your understanding so much so that you end up with a message that actually moves your audiences to pass it on. If you find yourself moved in an audience one day, I hope that you support powerful creative work in the least with a blog/wall post. The reality is that the more you talk and link to things on the web the more influence you have over search results and ultimately what gets attention in the real world. This post is about one such discovery, which I owe to Rudy Hendricks Sather's (a man I've never met) post on Carey Clayton's Facebook wall...

We surely all feel like archaeologists on the internet, not so specialized cultural anthropologists, rediscovering what we have made for one another over the years. In that sense by running a blog I also feel a bit like a curator in a museum full of wuteva I want. Assuming role play.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love it. The buildings dancing…Just to look @ it makes me happy. The world seems like an exciting place through her colorful imagination. It’s an exciting musical place indeed. Music is everywhere: when you hear the birds, a leave dancing in the wind, when it’s raining, it’s all music to me & keeps my heart beating. I think our very heart is musical, a unique melody that never stops. I wanted to be an architect back when I was in high school. I love designing weird building different shapes:)

    ReplyDelete